Call for submissions
Developed by The Scottish Music Industry Association (SMIA), The SAY Award is one of Scotland’s most ambitious and lucrative arts prizes. With £20,000 awarded to the winning album, nine runners-up prizes of £1,000 and two new Art Commissions celebrating emerging and established artistic practice, The SAY Award champions the strength and diversity of Scotland’s musical output and the vital, enduring relationship it shares with the world of visual art.
This year The SAY Award is partnering with the Centre for Contemporary Arts Glasgow to support a new art award designed to support more established artists based in Scotland.
Scottish Album of the Year Award
Deadline 9am, Mon 2 March
CCA and the Scottish Album of the Year Award are looking for submissions from artists working in moving image, sound, performance, digital or with a strong connection to sound or music, to create an ambitious proposal for an exhibition in Intermedia in May 2015. Artists may apply as a group or as individuals.
- Artists must have graduated in 2010 or earlier or have been working professionally for at least 5 years
- Artists must be currently based in Scotland
- Artists must be able to take part in the exhibition in last week of May 2015
Artist fee: £4000
Production fee: £3000
Plus installation support provided by CCA
(The artist and production fee should be shared if there is more than one participating artist).
- A description of your practice and a proposal for the work that will be exhibited (no more than 2 A4 pages)
- An approximate production budget (1 A4)
- A C.V. for each artist involved in the exhibition.
- Supporting material: Images of each artist’s work (if appropriate) in pdf format. Artists working in time based media may submit online links to work (such as youtube, Vimeo or artists website).
- Any other supporting documentation, writing, press or collaborative work appropriate to the application (no more than 6 A4 pages)
Please email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line SAY Art Award.